The Southwind Day Program
The Southwind Day Program is the second step in the Southwind Fields overall vision. We believe that ultimate fulfillment comes when we give of ourselves to meet the needs of others. This Monday through Friday program provides an empowering environment where adults with special needs may work towards wholistic wellness (mind, body, and soul) and find meaningful experiences each week, surrounded by their peers, while serving as missionary pathfinders in the San Antonio community.
day program groups & activities:
- Spiritual wellness & devotional time to include short, interactive and fun weekly praise and worship services
- Both on & off-campus, missionally driven, service opportunities. Our Pathfinders are trailblazers in the San Antonio community and in the world. Their primary focus is ministry work, coming along side local non-profits to truly make an impact in the lives of others. Through partnerships with likeminded organizations, our Pathfinders participate in a variety of mission focused work, utilizing their own unique gifts, talents, and passions to find fulfillment through service.
- Life-building instruction to grow each pathfinder's passions and provide meaningful work within the San Antonio mission field.
- Healthy, organic and locally sourced, lunches (gluten free, vegan/vegetarian options can be addressed for locals who may have special dietary needs or preferences). Meals are prepared by our culinary local work team and made available to participants of our City Locals program as well, helping to assure they have access to healthy food within their homes.
- Therapy based music classes.
- Therapy based horticulture classes
- Therapeutic time with program companion pets
- Physical activity classes (gentle yoga, nature walks, zumba, etc.) Safety is top priority at Southwind, and all physical activity classes are tailored to each local's individual level of ability.
- Transition based life groups for Day Program Pathfinders with the intention of moving to the tiny house independent living community program at Southwind Fields - Day Program Pathfinders have seniority with regard to applications to the Tiny House Community program upon community availability and appropriateness of placement.
DAY PROGRAM HOURS:
Monday through Friday 8:30am to 3:30pm (*drop off time may be extended to 9am based on family needs*)
*We are working on building transportation options for our day program (drop off and pick-up) and are prayerfully working to raise money for this purpose.
day program mission sponsor pricing
- Non-refundable application fee: $25
- Registration fee: $250
- Missionary Sponsorship: $750/month
- Mission team's t-shirt: $25
- *Future transportation options will require an additional fee