SPONSOR A TINY HOME
A PLACE TO CALL HOME...
We believe that everyone deserves a place to call home. Many people with intellectual disabilities will never know the joys of home ownership. Through a combined 40 years of experience in the special needs field, we have found that, like most people, small, well organized spaces, are very manageable. Because our programs are based on a philosophy of "structured independence", tiny houses are the perfect fit. Our Local Pathfinders are provided with moderate supervision as well as assistance with cleaning and upkeep through the Southwind Maintenance Team, making caring for their home extremely realistic. Local Pathfinders may decorate with non-destructive options, to make their house feel like a home.
- We will contact you to set up a meeting, in person or over the phone, to discuss your sponsorship and answer any questions you may have.
- Construction for a tiny house on the Southwind property will range from $15,000 to $20,000 depending on the home's location.
- Construction of each tiny house is completed by closely supervised volunteers (to include the sponsors, should they chose to do so) working along side trained professionals and typically takes about a week to complete.
- Corporate sponsorships are welcome
- A small plaque is placed near the front door of each home with the name of the donor or sponsor that aided the construction. These people are listed as Southwind Partners and, if they like, will be listed on the Southwind Fields website and social media as contributors.