“May you recognize in your life the presence, power, and light of your soul. May you realize that you are never alone, that you soul in its brightness and belonging connects you intimately with the rhythm of the universe. May you have respect for your individuality and differences. May you realize that the shape of your soul is unique, that you have a special destiny here, that behind the facade of your life there is something beautiful and eternal happening. May you learn to see yourself with the same delight, pride, and expectation with which God sees you in every moment.” - John O'Donohue
1) Be Life Giving - be encouraging, speak up, and speak life with every interaction
2) Use Generous Gestures - smiles for miles, high fives, fist bumps, boldly friendly
3) Call Out the Best - kindness, coaching, encouragement, even in hard conversations
4) Be a Helper - we all wear many hats and help one another carry the load
5) Lift Jesus High - intentionally interject Biblical truths into coaching conversations and at every opportunity
6) Excellence Always - good enough is never good enough. There’s no room for sloppiness. We can always be better.
7) Intentionality - chasing God, learning, seeking His presence in our own lives.
8) Anticipate the Good - faith always brings a basket. Members of the crowd brought baskets to hear Jesus speak because they expected a miracle.
9) Be Culture Carriers - always be thinking about who we are.
10) We are Always On - work as if someone is always watching. Our Locals depend on it.
We are life-long learners who lead with intentionality and seek wisdom and guidance.
Pastor Rob Bell - Breathe
Could the name of God actually be the sound of breathing?
pastor Gideon Tsang- Leading from who we are, not what we do
What lengths will we go to in search of feeling accepted and loved? What if we carried out our calling in an effort to BE love, rather than give it.
craig groeschel- leadership podcasts
They’re all good. Watch this one. Watch all of them. Just watch.
BOOKS AND OTHER HELPFUL RESOURCES
Toward the purpose of intentionality, here are some books and resources that can truly change the way you look at leadership, relationships, and how you view life and purpose. You’ll not that the links take you to actual, non-digital, copies of books. We love saving paper as much as anyone, but when you have an actual book in your hands, you have the opportunity to write in it, let it sink in, take notes, fold pages that touched your soul… you get the idea.
The Bible - The Gospel of Jesus Christ carries everything we could ever need to know.
The Road Back to You: An Enneagram Journey to Self-Discovery Hardcover – October 4, 2016
Run with the Horses: The Quest for Life at Its Best Paperback – December 17, 2009